The Partnership Forums in Bolton aim to strengthen school governance by providing information about local and national initiatives and changes in government legislation. The forums help support effective communication between governing boards and the local authority and promote cohesive working within the Bolton family of schools.
The forums are organised and facilitated by the Governor Services Team, with a strategic lead from within the Education and Learning Team.
In order to ensure that discussion topics are relevant to governors, we hold two forums, one for primary governors and one for secondary governors – This session is for primary governors.
The aims and objectives of the forums are:
- To raise standards in schools through excellence in governance.
- To be consulted by and work effectively with local authority officers to gain knowledge and information to assist governors in their strategic roles.
- To provide an effective, collective and representative voice for governors of schools and academies.
- To develop and share good practice in governance.
- To keep governors up to date and informed about local and national initiatives.
- To provide governors with access to training and development opportunities.
- To develop links between individual and groups of governors.
The meetings are held on a termly basis and the membership is based on attendance of one nominated governor per school – the ‘Partnership Governor’. If the Partnership Governor is unable to attend any of the meetings, a substitute governor may attend in their place.
Attendance at the briefing is free of charge for all schools and academies from within the Bolton family.
To reserve your place on this session please select the 'book now' tab below